Gluten-Free Plum Pie
photo by katii
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked gluten-free pie shells
- 4 cups sliced plums
- 3 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Roll one pie shell out to form a top crust.
- Combine plums and tapioca; let stand 15 minutes.
- Add first amount of sugar and cinnamon; stir and arrange in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Moisten edges of crust with water and place rolled second crust overtop.
- Trim and crimp to seal; cut slashes in top.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and bake on the bottom shelf of a preheated 350* oven for about 1 hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an enthusiastic young chef who loves to experiment!! I love cooking because i have a multitude of food allergies including all nuts and some legumes, as well as celiac disease. Cooking allows me to enjoy the foods i love without worry! <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/NewZealandFlax.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> How I rate recipes: 5 star - WOW! This recipe was really good and exceeded my expectations. I made no or little changes to the recipe and will definitely make it again. 4 star - A very good recipe. I quite enjoyed it, but had to make a few changes here and there. All in all, it met my expectations. I will probably make it again. 3 star - An ok recipe. I liked it a bit, but had to make major changes. It may have a good flavour, but the texture was off or something. Usually I don't make three star recipes again. 2 star - I didn't enjoy this recipe. The flavour and texture was WAY off and so were the directions. I will not make this recipe again. 1 star - I don't give one stars! I think they are too mean!