1/1 Photo of Planet Burgers
Recreated from the Good Earth restaurant in Cupertino, California by Diana McAnulty's search for a veggie burger her kids would devour! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 12 ounces cooked chickpeas, mashed
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ounces cooked red beans, mashed (or adzuki beans)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup ground almonds (or almond flour or breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced (or 3 large tbls.dried)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Shape into large patties.
- 2Coat a skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium high heat.
- 3Cook the patties 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned on outside and cooked through on the inside. Use a wide spatula to flip the burgers, they can be fragile.
- 4Place in burger buns, or on bread. Use your favorite condiments.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Planet Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (1530 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.5
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 41.3 mg
- Sodium 584.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 9.7 g