Simple recipe from Cuisinart (modified slightly) for our traditional cookies. Since I make My Nana's Aniseed Cookies, I do not use Anise in these. I also use slightly more sugar to make them crisp.
- Measure flour and baking powder into sifter and place on wax paper.
- Beat eggs and sugar on medium speed until thick, about 1 minute.
- Reduce speed and slowly add butter and vanilla, continue beating until combined.
- Sift in flour mixture, (including flour on wax paper) and combine by hand, mixing only to combine, do not over mix.
- At this point, batter may be chilled overnight.
- Prepare Pizzelle grids with oil or cooking spray.
- Place 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons on grid(s) and bake.