Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Seeing this is the season for burgers I though I should submit this recipe put out by the Nova Scotia Turkey Producers. I have not tried it but it does sound tasty and healthy. Hope someone enjoys it. Will be interested to read comments.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Form into 4 -6 patties.
- Grill on med. for 5 - 7 minutes on each side.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese slices.
- sliced black olives and extra pizza sauce.
This turkey burger was delicious, I made my own pizza sauce which just took it over the top, here is the recipe: 1 can tomato paste,1 c warm water, crushed garlic clove, 3 tbsp parmesan, 1 tbsp of honey, 1/4 tsp basil,marjoram, 1 tsp oregano, salt, 3/4 tsp onion powder.<br/>As far as the recipe goes I ommited the onion just because my family dislikes it and it was still so yummy!! I spread sauce over the bun and also more for dipping!! very yummy!!<br/>Thank you, this ones a keeper:)