American Turkey Burgers
photo by Kana K.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package ground turkey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- pickles or mayonnaise, etc
- Mix Ground Turkey, onion powder, garlic salt and B.B.Q. sauce in large bowl.
- Shape into 4 patties and and put in fridge covered for 1 hour. (this helps hold the patties together when grilling).
- brush burgers with a little olive oil before placing on grill.
- Place patties on grill or B.B.Q. over medium coals.
- Grill 7 to 9 minutes on each side or until cooked medium well.
- Top each patty with American slices & continue grilling until melted. Fill buns with the works and turkey burgers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm not going to rate this because I'm not sure if I did something wrong. I followed this recipe exactly as written, but when I flipped the patties they started falling apart. I was able to push them back together and when topped with the cheese slice, they held together much better. Even though the patties were thoroughly cooked, we found the texture to be somewhat mushy which I think was caused by the BBQ sauce being mixed into the meat.