Recipe by kittycatmom
We love this casserole. I make 2. One to freeze and one to eat right away! This will become your kids favorite meal hands down! Pepperoni Pizza and Spaghetti in one dish? What could be better!!! Note: To avoid the "greasy" pizza look use turkey pepperoni.
Top Review by Ceezie
This was pretty tasty. We don't eat alot of pizza so the kids were happy with dinner tonight. I did sub a few things; homemade pizza sauce, whole wheat spaghetti noodles and mozzarella cheese on top. We also used the ground turkey but think next time I will use sausage to give it more of a pizza flare.
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1 lb) packagemild ground turkey or 1 (1 lb) package pork sausage
- 2 ounces turkey pepperoni, cut in half (about 30)
- 1 (26 ounce) jartomato-and-basil pasta sauce (use more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded italian three-cheese blend (another cup won't hurt!)
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, and stems drained (optional)
- sliced green olives (optional)
- black olives (optional)
- onion, green peppers (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spaghetti with 1/2 teaspoons salt according to package directions. Drain well, and place in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. (If you are adding onions and or green peppers cook them along with the sausage) Drain and set aside. Wipe skillet clean. Add pepperoni, and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Top spaghetti in baking dish with sausage; pour pasta sauce over sausage (add any additional veggies etc at this time as well.) Arrange half of pepperoni slices evenly over pasta sauce. Sprinkle evenly with cheeses. Arrange remaining half of pepperoni slices evenly over cheese. Cover with nonstick or lightly greased aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes; remove foil, and bake 10 more minutes or until cheese is melted and just begins to brown.
- For OAMC: Freeze the unbaked casserole up to one month. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator; let stand 30 minutes at room temperature, and bake as directed.