Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a filling and tasty soup. It's ideal when you have a small party, but don't want to do a proper dinner or to take to a potluck. Just serve with fresh (garlic) bread. I got the recipe of my mum. I usually use a mix of ground beef and ground pork, but you can use whatever you prefer. If you live in Germany use Knorr Tomato Al Gusto instead of the pizza sauce (1 packet onion flavour and 1 packet oregano flavour)and Sahne Schmelzkäse instead of the cheese triangles.
- 1 lb ground meat
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (11 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 (13 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 2 cups cream
- 7 ounces processed cheese, spreadable
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- oregano, to taste
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- In a little oil, fry the onion and meat, until nearly done.
- Add the red pepper and fry a little longer, until meat is cooked and pepper starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms, pizza sauce, cream, cheese triangles and broth.
- Bring to a boil and continue to stir until the cheese triangles have completely melted.
- Season to taste with oregano, salt, pepper and tabasco.
i love different soups for lunch and this is a good one thank you for posting dee