Pepperoni Pizza Soup
- Ready In:
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup zucchini, sliced and halved
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced Italian tomatoes
- 3 ounces turkey pepperoni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) jar pizza sauce
- In a medium saucepan combine onion, green pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, and 1/4 cup broth.
- Bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat, simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining broth, tomatoes, pizza sauce, pepperoni, and seasoning.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
Join The Conversation
I'm on a liquid diet and am craving pizza, this was pretty good! I pureed everything with an immersion blender and even though I didn't have the correct amounts of all the ingredients, it turned out nice. Very flexible recipe. I added chunks of parmesan off the block which melted into the soup to give it a great flavor. My 6 year old ate it with the addition of rice and gave me the thumbs up.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always enjoyed cooking and looking for recipes. I have to admit though, until I joined Weight Watchers four years ago I never did much cooking. Since then it has became vital to do my own cooking and I find I am really good at it. I really enjoy trying new ingredients like Quinoa, Millet, Porktenderloin, hoisin sauce, beans, Textured Vegetable Protein among many other new ingredients. My family has started thinking I am a little weird with all the unusual ingredients I have in my pantry. My passions are my 3 nephews, Matthew, Lucas and Charles and my 8 parrots, Guy, Pete, Toby, Daisy, Zeke, Ernie, Max and Lu. They keep me positive when life takes a nose dive.