1/2 Photos of Pizza Noodle Bake
Ever wonder what to do with the leftover meat toppings you didn't put on your pizza? Well, I had some italian sausage and pepperoni left over and this is a recipe that I came up with that I wanted to share with you all. My italian sausage was already cooked but if you wanted to use raw, you could omit the butter and oil and cook the onion, mushroom and garlic with the sausage.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
- 5 -10 slices pepperoni (depending on the size you use)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Bring water to a boil in a 3 quart sauce pan. Boil noodles and set aside.
- 3These steps are if you are using pre-cooked sausage:.
- 4Heat butter and oil in a skillet; the oil keeps the butter from burning.
- 5Add your mushrooms, onions and garlic and saute until almost done.
- 6Add your precooked sausage and cook for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until sausage is heated through.
- 7(If you aren't using pre-cooked sausage, cook the sausage, mushrooms, onion and garlic together and omit the butter and oil.).
- 8In a 2 quart casserole dish, add 2 Tablespoons spaghetti sauce to the bottom.
- 9Layer 1/2 of the cooked noodles, sausage mixture, 1/2 of the remaining sauce and 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- 10Layer the remaining noodles, remaining sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 11Top the dish off with pepperoni slices.
- 12Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Noodle Bake
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.8 mg
- Sodium 1702.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 24.5 g