Italian sausage noodle bake
photo by gertc96
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 9x13 inch pan
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage link
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb egg noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Brown ground beef and sweet Italian sausage.
- Add garlic, salt, onion and tomato sauce.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that simmers, mix together cream cheese and sour cream.
- Cook noodles.
- Coat a 9x13 inch cooking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Layer in pan: 1/3 of sauce, 1/2 noodles, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, 1/2 mozzarella cheese, cover with 1/3 more sauce, remaining noodles, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese and sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cover and let sit 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
You were right on when you said "If you want to impress someone, this is the dish". I fixed this last night for my neighbors and I and it got "Ummm's" all around the table. Talk about a lot of flavor! True...it takes some prep time but it's so well worth it when you bite into it. We all truly loved this. My neighbor said he'd make it next time but he wants to use real garlic. I can't wait. Thanks for a great recipe.
see 5 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm happily remarried to a wonderful and loving husband who enjoys my cooking. :) <br> <br>I have two beautiful little girls who are growing too fast! I can't believe how tall they're getting! <br> <br>I don't cook as much as I used to, but this is still the only place I get my recipes! YUM!