Recipe by chefiecamacho
YUMMY YUMMY meatballs you'll love these (TIP I like to do the sauce on the stove top takes about 15 min rather then the 1.5 hours in the slowcooker)
Top Review by Super-duperWIFE&MOM
Awesome! Picture does not do these justice at all. I cooked my meatballs in the oven and did not use slowcooker. Also leaving out the bread crumbs for a lower carb meal. I served these with Italian green beans. Sauce is delish!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons freshly chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- italian seasoning
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- italian seasoning, to taste
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic (freshly chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl add ground beef, onion powder, egg, bread crumbs, garlic, Worcestershire, salt, pepper, couple dashes of Italian seasoning. Mix thoroughly. Shape into 1-inch balls. Push in to the mixture a cube of cheese. Reshape the meatball. Place on lined baking sheet. Do this until all of the meatballs have been formed.
- Bake in the oven until browned, about 15 to 20 minutes. If the cheese cube that was used is too big it will melt out of the meatball.
- In a slow cooker, on medium heat add the tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, Italian seasonings (to taste) onion, and garlic. Keep hot while the meatballs cook. Add the meatballs once they are done cooking. Serve with toothpicks. The sauce can be heated on stove top.