2 hrs 20 mins
Adapted from a Food Network magazine recipe. Much better than store bought crust. A family favorite for Friday nights :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Whisk 1 1/3 cups warm water (105 degrees) and the sugar in a bowl; sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes.
- 22. Meanwhile, whisk both flours and the salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Stir together with a wooden spoon until liquid is incorporated. Add in the olive oil and gradually stir to make a rough dough.
- 33. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, dusting with more flour if necessary. Form into 2 balls. Brush 2 large bowls with olive oil, add a ball of dough to each and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1.5 hours.
- 44. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Roll out, sprinkle cornmeal on crust, flip over (so cornmeal is on the bottom) and put on a olive oil greased pizza pan (cast iron is the best!).
- 55. Bake at 450 for 5 minutes.
- 66. Take out of the oven and carefully top with desired ingredients.
- 77. Cook at 450 for 10 more minutes.
- 88. Reduce oven to 425 and cook for another 10 minutes. Check at this point to see if cooked, if not leave in and check every 5 minutes until done.
- 99. Broil for 2 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- 1010. ENJOY :)
- 11Note: Pizza crust can be wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Crust
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 437.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g