Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This one dish meal is a great quick way to cure your craving for pizza! It's made with refrigerated biscuits and delicious toppings.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (or 3 - 7 oz. cans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- 1 (3 ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 2 cups pizza cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook meat over medium heat until no longer pink and drain.
- Cut each biscuit into fourths and lay evenly in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish or 3 quart casserole dish (if I use 3 cans of the smaller biscuits, I only cut each biscuit in half).
- Top biscuits with pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle ground beef over the top.
- Layer with onions, peppers, pepperoni slices and cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is nicely melted.
- Let stand about 10 minutes for easier serving.
Tasted wonderful. I read the reviews of people complaining about the biscuits staying doughy, so I prebaked them for about 10 min, then put the toppings on and baked another 30, turned out perfect. I also added a can of diced tomatoes to the sauce. Will be making this again!
This was great, Karen. And it was so easy. My family loved it. Thanks for posting.
Also, works best if you cook it for 45-50 minutes. At 30 minutes, it wasn't even close to being cooked all the way through. And another tip, make sure your dish has high sides. Mine came literally to the top. After 45 minutes, the pizza sauce started boiling out some.