1 hr 7 mins
Inspired by the popular pasta with vodka sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vodka
- 1 cup chopped tomato (peeled fresh or canned)
- crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1Preheat oven to 500°; place a pizza stone on a rack in the lowest level of the oven.
- 2Make the sauce: melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add in the garlic; cook 30 seconds or until lightly golden.
- 3Add in the vodka; cook about 1 minute more until the alcohol evaporates.
- 4Add in the tomatoes, crushed red pepper, and salt to taste; simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Add in the cream and peas; cook until the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 5 minutes; let cool.
- 6Place 1 ball of dough on a floured surface; holding you hands flat, pat the ball out evenly with your fingers, lifting it and turning it over several times, until it reaches a 12-inch circle (don’t knead the dough or handle it any more than is necessary; if the dough seems sticky, dust it lightly with flour.
- 7Dust a pizza peel or rimless cookie sheet with flour.
- 8Carefully transfer the circle of dough to the peel, reshaping it as needed.
- 9Shake the peel once or twice to make sure the dough does not stick.
- 10If it does, sprinkle the peel with more flour; quickly top the dough with the sauce, spreading it to within ½ inch of the edge with the back of a spoon.
- 11Layer with half the mozzarella, mushrooms, and a sprinkling of pecorino.
- 12To slide the pizza onto the baking stone, line up the edge of the pizza peel with the back edge of the stone, then tilt the peel, jerking it gently to start the pizza moving.
- 13Once the edge of the pizza touches the stone, carefully pull back on the peel until the pizza is completely off.
- 14After the pizza is on the stone, do not attempt to move it until it firms up in 2-3 minutes.
- 15Bake the pizza 6-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is browned; just before serving, sprinkle with the prosciutto and basil.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Alla Vodka
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.2
- Calories from Fat 367
- Total Fat 40.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.6 mg
- Sodium 453.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese