3 hrs 45 mins
2 hrs 45 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "When the celebration calls for a stunning dessert, look no further than rich brownie layers filled with a nutty mousse."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) box pillsbury traditional fudge brownie mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant pistachio pudding mix, and pie filling mix (4 serving size)
- 3/4 cup cold whole milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1/2 cup pistachio nut, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2Lightly spray bottom of 2 (8-inch) round cake pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- 3Line bottoms of pans with cooking parchment paper; lightly spray paper with cooking spray.
- 4In large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon.
- 5Spread half of batter (1 1/2 cups) evenly in each pan.
- 6Bake 27 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from edge of pan comes out clean.
- 7Cool in pans on cooling racks 10 minutes.
- 8Run knife around edge of pans to loosen.
- 9Place cooling rack upside down on 1 pan; turn rack and pan over.
- 10Remove pan and parchment paper.
- 11Repeat with second brownie layer.
- 12Place racks with brownie layers in refrigerator to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, measure 1 tablespoon of the pudding mix; reserve for garnish.
- 14In large bowl, beat remaining pudding mix, the milk and 1 cup whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed about 2 minutes or until mixture is thick and creamy; stir in nuts.
- 15Cover; refrigerate.
- 16Carefully cut each brownie layer horizontally in half, using long serrated knife, to make 4 layers.
- 17On serving plate, place 1 brownie layer, cut side down.
- 18Spread 1/3 of the mousse (3/4 cup) evenly to edge of brownie.
- 19Repeat layering twice, using 2 brownie layers (place cut sides down) and remaining mousse.
- 20Top with remaining brownie layer, cut side down.
- 21Refrigerate torte while making glaze.
- 22In 1-quart saucepan, heat 1/2 cup whipping cream over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until bubbles start to form at edge of saucepan.
- 23Remove from heat.
- 24Add chocolate; stir constantly until smooth.
- 25Stir in vanilla and corn syrup.
- 26Remove from heat; let stand 10 minutes.
- 27Stir glaze; spoon over top of torte, allowing some to run down side.
- 28Return torte to refrigerator while making garnish.
- 29In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup whipping cream, the powdered sugar and reserved 1 tablespoon pudding mix on high speed until stiff peaks form.
- 30Spoon mixture into decorating bag fitted with star tip and pipe rosettes on top of torte, or spoon dollops of mixture on torte.
- 31Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
- 32Cover and refrigerate any remaining torte.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pistachio Mousse Brownie Torte
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.1
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 81.5 mg
- Sodium 131.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
instant pistachio pudding mix
pistachio pudding mix