Recipe by Julie B's Hive
This Glace de Pistache was found in the recipe book "Moroccan". An ice cream maker not necessary for this one.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 1⁄4 cups blanched pistachios, finely ground
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons rose water or 2 -3 tablespoons orange flower water
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserving about 2 teaspoons of the ground pistachios, place the remaining in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Add milk and cream. Bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl, beat the yolks with the sugar. Add hot milk and cream, beating continuously. Pour custard mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low heat until it thickens. Turn off heat. Stir in the rose water. Let mixture cool. Pour into a freezer proof container and freeze for 1 hour or until partially frozen. Remove from freezer and transfer to a bow, Beat to break down the crystals. Freeze the mixture again for 30 minutes. Beat one more time. Freeze until firm. OR use your ice cream maker following the manufacturer's directions.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving. Meanwhile, preheat the broiler to high. Sprinkle the mango slices with the confectioners' sugar and broil for 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately with scoops of ice cream decorated with a sprinkling of the reserved ground pistachios.