Fannie Farmer Pistachio Ice Cream
- Ready In:
- Mix flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add egg and milk gradually.
- Cook in a double boiler over hot water for 10 minutes, stirring constantly at first.
- If the custard takes on a slightly curdled appearance, don't worry, this will disappear after freezing).
- Allow to cool.
- When cool, add cream, vanilla, almond extract, and a few drops of food coloring, enough to make it a pale mint green color.
- Strain and freeze according to your ice cream maker's instructions.
- When ice cycle has finished, stir in the nuts and store in an airtight container in the real freezer to "ripen" and firm up.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!