Recipe by Marz
From Everyday Food, published in the Dec. 2008 issue. This festive looking log is easy to make, although you will need to plan ahead of time because there is a chilling factor to keep in mind....Cooking time equals chilling time.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup unsalted shelled pistachio, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Dijon and Worcestershire until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until slightly firm about 1-2 hours.
- Meanwhile in a medium skillet toast pistachios over medium heat, stirring frequently until fragrant and golden, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a platter and let cool.
- Transfer cheese mixture to a piece of waxed paper, using paper guide the to shape a log about 6 inches long. Cover with pistachios, pressing to adhere. Wrap log in a fresh piece of waxed paper; chill until firm 1 to 2 hours (or up to a day). Serve with crackers.