- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes till tender, drain, peel and cube.
- Combine oil, vinegar, shallots and salt.
- pour over potatoes and refridgerate 3 hours.
- In small sucepan combine flour, sugar, mustard and salt. Add milk and heat stirring constantly till it thickens.
- Beat egg yold and slowly beat in some of the hot mixture. Add egg yolk to hot mixture and chill.
- Toss potatoes in dressing and serve.