Recipe by Mercy
Another recipe for using up leftover holiday turkey!
Top Review by Chocolatl
This is a wonderfully complex combination of flavors. Sauteing the curry powder with the butter intensifies the flavors. The pineapple and lemon add sweetness and just a touch of acidity. All these stand up to the bold flavor of the turkey to create a delicious meld of sweet, tart, hot and savory. This would also be good with pasta. Made for Bargain Basement Use It or Lose It tag.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (8 -9 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3 cups diced cooked turkey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, heat curry powder in butter, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in onions; continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
- Blend in flour and ginger; add chicken broth and pineapple.
- Heat to boiling; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in turkey.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.