Leftover Turkey Curry
Transform cooked turkey into something spicy and special in next to no time with this recipe for turkey curry.
- Ready In:
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb roasted turkey, chopped into 1/2in pieces
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot (optional)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Fry for 6-7 minutes till the onion is lightly browned.
- In a small bowl, mix the tomato puree with the remaining oil, cumin, coriander, turmeric, chili powder, garam masala and salt to form a thick paste. Tip the paste into the onion mixture and fry for half a minute.
- Stir in the turkey pieces and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of hot water from the kettle and simmer for 3-4 minutes. Mix in the ginger (if using) and the lemon juice.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with plain basmati rice, bread and a salad of crisp lettuce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did use chicken, and it wasn't left over, I just sauteed it before getting on with the rest of the recipe! I added chopped tomatoes to this, since we enjoy tomatoes in our curry. Good flavour, easily done, we enjoyed it, and I should have made more, to enjoy the next day!!! Thank you English Rose, a good recipe! Made for I Recommend tag game.Reply
see 1 more