Prep 2 hrs 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Colorful, fruity and creamy. Great potluck dish. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (6 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice.
- Dissolve jello in water; add pineapple.
- Pour into a 13x9 inch dish; chill until almost set, about 45 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and Cool Whip until smooth.
- Carefully spread over jello; chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, lemon juice, water, flour, egg yolks, and reserved pineapple juice; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Carefully spread over cream cheese layer.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
What a delicious summer salad or really more like a dessert. I made this to take to a cook-out. It was a big hit with everyone. The 3 layers were smooth, creamy, and tangy-sweet. A beautiful dish. Thanks Nurse Di.
This was really good! I would feel confident bringing this to any potluck,or bbq.Thanks for a great recipe =)
I was looking for a different jelloy-cool whip layered dessert. I found a winner in this recipe. I know the title says salad but I used it as a dessert. The layered look was beautiful. I liked the sweet, creamy, fruit flavor. Real refreshing. Thanks Nurse Di.