Pear or Pineapple Salad
I grew up eating this simple fruit dish as a side to many meals. It is quick and easy to prepare and adds a light touch to any meal. The toppings are easily adjusted to your own personal tastes. I use mayo and have tried Miracle Whip, but did not care for the Miracle Whip (my personal preference). Servings depend on the pieces of fruit in the can. Hope you enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pear halves or (15 ounce) can pineapple rings
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated or 1/2 cup cheese, of your choice
- 1 (6 ounce) jar whole cherries, with stems, they make it a bit more festive. (optional)
- Drain the fruit.
- If using pear halves, place the fruit inside up on a fruit plate.
- If using pineapple rings, place the ring on a fruit plate.
- Place a dollop of mayo in the middle.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place a cherry on top and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
My mom did this all the time too! We used miracle whip in pear halves with the shredded cheese on top and it has been one of my favorites for years. I recently thought about the recipe because my daughter is a miracle whip junkie like I am and I told her about it. Thought I'd check recipezaar to see if anyone had posted it and was happy to see it here! :)