Recipe by Geema
This cake is easier to make the the traditional recipe, but has that same delicious taste. I usually have all the ingredients on hand and can make this when the kids come over unexpectedly.
Top Review by SlipC
This recipe reminds me of one that my Grandma makes, she is always gets requests to take it to potlucks and to make it for family gatherings. This is VERY GOOD, very moist and great with a glass of milk. Thanks for posting this!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Set both aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix the reserved juice, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla, stirring well.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Top with the pineapple and the brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and then cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.