This cake is easier to make the the traditional recipe, but has that same delicious taste. I usually have all the ingredients on hand and can make this when the kids come over unexpectedly.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/3 cup juice.
- Set both aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Mix the reserved juice, milk, melted butter, eggs and vanilla, stirring well.
- Add the wet to the dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened.
- Spoon into a greased 9" x 9" baking pan.
- Top with the pineapple and the brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes and then cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.