Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
- 4 cups milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, combine 3 1/2 c milk, rice, sugar, and salt; bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese.
- Beat in eggs and remaining milk.
- Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes over medium heat until mixture reaches 160 degrees.
- Add vanilla.
- Spoon into six dessert dishes.
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside.
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, butter, salt and pineapple juice.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in vanilla and pineapple.
- Spoon over pudding.
This is really good! Easy to make, too. The rice pudding is not very sweet but the pineapple sauce is, so they go well together.