You can make this delicious salad with chicken or leftover turkey. Prep time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups cooked chicken, roughly chopped
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2-3/4 cup diced celery (amount to preference)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2 cup sour cream or 1/4-1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted cashew pieces or 1/2 cup slivered almonds or 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1Chop the chicken meat into smallish pieces, and place in a large bowl with the pineapple and celery.
- 2In a separate bowl combine the mayonnaise, celery salt, pepper, dried onion, garlic powder, and nuts or seeds.
- 3Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken and toss to combine; add additional sour cream or plain yogurt to achieve desired texture.
- 4Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, then serve on croissant or on lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.6
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.8 mg
- Sodium 321.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: