Thai Chicken, Mango & Pineapple Salad
- Ready In:
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk (regular or light)
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste (I used 2 teaspoons Thai Sriracha sauce and 1 teaspoon red curry)
- 2 teaspoons orange zest (freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 4 chicken breasts (skinless and boneless, cut into 1-inch chunks)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 cups salad greens (I used a combination of a 6oz bag of iceberg lettuce salad and 1/2 of a 6 oz bag of baby spinach lea)
- In a bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, red curry paste, orange zest, and orange juice and reserve 1/2 cup of the mixture in a separate container (I SAVED 1 CUP AS THIS MADE A LOT OF MARINADE AND I USED MORE GREENS).
- In a ziplock bag, toss together the chicken breast chunks and half of the marinade from the bowl. Toss the fruit and the remaining marinade in another ziplock bag. Let the food marinate at room temperature for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare a charcoal fire or heat a gas grill to medium-high, and oil the grates. Thread the chicken and fruit pieces onto separate skewers.
- Grill the skewered chicken for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning once, or until the chicken is cooked through. Grill the fruit skewers for 2 minutes per side, turning once, or until you have visible grill marks. Remove the meat and fruit from the skewers and serve them over salad greens drizzled with the reserved marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in Tucson but moved to Colorado in 1989 and live in a household with my husband, Dad, daughter and 3-year old twin granddaughters. Our 8-year old grandson spends 2 nights a week with us. All of that adds up to often difficult menu ideas to met everyone's tastes. Zaar is very addicting and I love trying the recipes I find here. I like to find recipes of people that I see are still active on Zaar and love it when I hear back from the Chef after I review the recipe. Everytime someone reviews one of my recipes, I like to find one of theirs to make and review as quickly as possible. It's a way for me to find great chefs I don't know yet too! My husband has high blood sugar so we try to watch our carbs, but it is not easy because we love them so much! I was diagnosed with brain tumors in 2005 and so far have had 5 surgeries that have left my eyelid droopy. I hope to have a surgery that will correct that soon!! There is still one tumor they have not removed but my wonderful doctor James Garrity at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN says they will leave it alone until or if it ever causes problems!