Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a regular appearance at our holiday dinners!
Make and share this Pineapple Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices white bread, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- Mix eggs and sugar, then add pineapple.
- Pour into 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Put cubed bread on top.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Bake for one hour at 325.
The simplicity of this casserole is matched by just how surprisingly satisfying it is! We enjoyed it very much, made as per the recipe, but I will say that I'd like to make it again sometime using just half a cup of sugar & substituting a whole grain bread for the white! Who knows! I might just like it the way it's written! Thanks so much for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]