Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly butter a 13 x 9 inch pyrex baking dish.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue beating until thick and light-coloured.
- Stir in flour, pineapple (with juice), walnuts, baking soda and vanilla, and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cake cool and ice.
- For icing: Combine icing sugar, cream cheese, butter, lemon juice and vanilla and mix until fluffy.
This was a great cake with supper icicng. I only had to bake my cake for 25 minutes so my cake was a little dark beacuse I set the timer for 40 minutes. I will be making this one again. Thanks for posting.
I think you need to adjust the cooking time. 40-45 minutes is way too long. My cake was ruined at 30 when I checked it. I'll have to try again someday with a much shorter baking time. It sounds like it would be a delicious cake.
Eh. Fine. The pros are that this cake is unique and moist and tender, but it really lacked flavor and was pretty dense, kind of like a fruitcake. Maybe it needs salt or coconut, I don't know. It comes out spongy and really bends when you slice it. Though it wasn't offensiv I really can't see making it again. I divided mine into two layer pans and baked for 35 minutes, which was perfect.