Easy Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
photo by Kayla M.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, etc.,) (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, same as used in cake (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease and Flour a 9x11 pan or 2 8 inch round pans.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Mix in flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Stir in carrots. Fold in nuts, if desired. Pour into prepared pan(s).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 50 minutes. Check after 30 minutes with a toothpick. If toothpick is clean, cake is done.
- Let cool in pan(s) for an additional 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make icing, use a medium bowl and mix butter, cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and vanilla until smooth. You may add chopped nuts to icing now or sprinkle later over the top of the cake (optional).
- After the cake is completely cooled, ice the cake. If the chopped nuts were not added to the icing earlier sprinkle them over the iced cake (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!