Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I like Deviled Eggs and I like Pimento Cheese, and thought " Why not combine the two ? "This recipe only makes enough for 2, so if you need more, adjust everything accordingly. Now with the amounts of the ingredients they are just " guesstimates ". So if you want to add more salt,pepper,sugar, and paprika that's strictly up to you." Cook time " is chill time.Submitted to Food.com ( a.k.a. " ZAAR " )on April 24th.2012
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons pimento cheese spread
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste )
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise, if needed
- sweet paprika (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Cut eggs lengthwise,remove yolks and place in a small bowl.
- Combine pimento cheese,sugar,salt, and pepper with the yolks and mix well.
- If extra moisture is needed, add mayonnaise a little at a time until desired texture is reached.
- If desired top with paprika and chopped green onions.
- Chill for at least two hours.
Yummy & easy! I made even easier (& healthier) by removing the yolks all together and just stuffing the eggs with light pimento cheese. They didn't need sugar or anything -- just a little salt & pepper and this was the perfect low-cal easy snack! Thanks so much for sharing -- I will be doing this a lot!
This was a home run with everyone who tried them! The eggs combine two favorite flavors into a tasty and different stuffing. I had problems with the amounts. I scaled the recipe up to use 6 large eggs. Twelve tablespoons of pimento cheese was excessive. By the time the yolks and mayo are added there's over 2T of filling per egg. The large eggs couldn't hold that much. I ended up with a small bowl of egg/pimento cheese salad which was fine. It was terrific on crackers and enjoyed. That said, I did make the pimento cheese. Maybe that had something to do with the volume???? These will be a BIG hit at potlucks and backyard BBQs. With the paprika & green onions they are nicely garnished too. Thank you for sharing the recipe!