Recipe by D. Todd Miller
This Pimento Cheese recipe is perfect for the mayonnaise-haters in your world. This recipe is based on my friend Paige Meszaros' creation.
Top Review by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
What a tasty new TREAT for me! I love pimento cheese and had always made it with mayonaaise ~ I now have a new go to recipe without mayo! I doubled the recipe (except for the garlic amount) and added two tablespoons chopped Kroger brand Hot and Sweet jalapenoes. Made for Paprika, Herb/Spice for March in the French forum.
- 10 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened well
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimentos, with juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (approximate, adjust to your liking)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 -4 drops hot sauce
- 1 pinch sugar