Pimento Cheese Spread
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise (I like Hellman's)
- 3⁄4 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimentos, diced,drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium cheddar, finely shredded
- Mix the mayonnaise and Miracle whip together.
- Fold in cheeses, onion, and seasonings.
- This will store for 1 to 1 1/2 weeks, covered (if it lasts that long).
- Good for sandwiches, crackers, celery, etc.
Join The Conversation
I've been making this recipe by Miss Annie for years. Sometimes I deviate from this gold standard by combining the sharp cheddar with another cheese variety and using jarred fire-roasted bell peppers, but Miss Annie really has a winner here with this recipe and it is the one that never fails to please. If you are fortunate enough to happen by this recipe on food.com, you just uncovered a jackpot.
I think that this is a great spread to make for a large group gathering as a snack or appetizer. It has just that slight kick from the cayenne pepper that comes up at the end, but for the most part all the ingredients are something that most people will eat without hesitation. I made it a day ahead of time and I think it tastes even better with a little time to rest before serving. We will see if there is anything left after our labor day get together.