Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my mom's pig picking cake recipe. There are so many versions but I think this is best.
- 18 1⁄2 ounces yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 15 ounces crushed pineapple, slightly drained
- Mix first 4 ingredients together.
- Add to 3 greased and floured cake pans.
- Cook 15 to 25 minutes, checking to see if done with a toothpick after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix last 3 ingredients for frosting.
- Spread frosting on cake when cool.
- Keep refrigerated.
Thisa is my favorite recipe! I have seens another recipe that has cocount in the icing. Very good!