Pig Pickin' Cake
photo by ashmartone
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice
- 4 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (9 ounce) container whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 (6 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour lightly one 13x9-inch pan.
- Place all ingredients for cake in mixer bowl and beat with electric mixer until well combined( about 2 minutes).
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes( until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean).
- Allow cake to completely cool in pan.
- Drain crushed pineapple and reserve juice.
- In separate bowl combine crushed pineapple and dry pudding mix.
- Fold in whipped topping until well blended.
- Poke holes in cooled cake.
- Pour 3/4 cup of reserved pineapple juice over cake.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
see 2 more reviews