Lee of The Midwest Whitehouse's Note:
Pickled Jalapeno Peppers, taste the pepper, not just the heat. This is a variation of a recipe from The University of Illinois, that I found to please my taste buds. The absence of oil seems to bring out the pepper taste and not just the heat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash peppers and pack into a hot jar.
- 2Add carrot slices, and garlic.
- 3Pack tightly, leaving 2-inch headspace.
- 4Combine vinegar, water salt and pickling spices.
- 5Heat to boiling.
- 6Pour boiling hot liquid over peppers to two inches from top of jar top.
- 7Remove air bubbles by running a plastic knife or rubber spatula down the side of the jar, rotating, releasing trapped air between the peppers.
- 8Wipe jar rims clean.
- 9Adjust prepared two piece canning lid.
- 10Process jar in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 11Remove to a draft free area, and allow to cool.
- 12Check the seal.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: