Grilled BBQ Chicken Quesadillas W/Homemade Coleslaw
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
For extra pizazz, stuff in a few fresh or pickled jalapeno peppers. Adapted from "Cooking Light Crave!".
- Ready In:
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dried ancho chile powder or 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese or 8 ounces monterey jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Using a mallet or rolling pin, pound chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper to 3/4-inch thickness. Brush chicken with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165 degrees, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to a plate, and when cool, shred or slice into super-thin slices. Set aside. ?
- Meanwhile, combine sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Combine sauce and chicken; stir to coat.
- Combine mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a medium bowl. Add cabbage, carrots and onions; toss to combine.
- Place about 1/2 cup chicken on top of a tortilla on a plate. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Place another tortilla on top. Using a wide spatula, slide assembled quesadilla onto hot grill and cook until bottom is brown and crispy, about 2 minutes. Carefully flip and continue cooking until underside of the second tortilla is also brown and crispy, about another 2 minutes.
- Place cooked quesadilla onto a cutting board and cut into wedges. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make three more quesadillas. Serve with coleslaw.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION