I found this on a blog a while back (sorry I don't recall where) and adapted it to what I had available. These can be eaten soon after making though I find the longer they sit, the better they are. They will keep in the refrigerator indefinitely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add oil to a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the garlic.
- 2Add carrots and saute for about 3 minutes.
- 3Add vinegar, bay leaves, peppercorns and salt. Bring to a bubble and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4Add water and jalapenos and bring to a simmer again for another 10 minutes.
- 5Let mixture cool completely.
- 6Transfer the carrots and cooking liquid into a covered container and refrigerate.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pickled Carrots With Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.3
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 326.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 0.5 g