1 hr 30 mins
Cheri B's Note:
Baked wild bird is really moist cooked in gravy, we like it with cooked rice spooning the gravy over the Rice or Mashed potatoes. I have another recipe here in the scraps some where, it uses a lot more ingredients but better. I will post it asap, but I think it is in the shed for the winter with my Italian recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large skillet or dutch oven (medium) heat oil and butter if you do not have olive oil use what is in the cupboard. Oil keeps the butter from burning.
- 2Tear of the top third, of the brown paper bag you got the wine out of.
- 3You might as well pour a glass of the wine now, before your hands get flour on them.
- 4Place flour, salt & pepper in the brown paper bag, close top & shake.
- 5Add breast one at a time shake, and place in pan repeat until done.
- 6Brown breast on both sides.
- 7Take sip of Wine & Turn oven on to 350.
- 8Placed breast into a greased oven proof dish to make single layer.
- 9Add onions to pan & cook until translucent, sprinkle on breast.
- 10Sip Wine, In a different bowl mix up soup, water and chicken broth.
- 11Bake uncovered for 45-50 minute
- 12I have added poutry seasong to this.
- 13If no Garlic Cream of Mushroom just use regular C.of Mushroom.
- 14I have not had stock so I used chicken bouillon cubes. Read the box for amounts.
- 15I have, deglazed pan with pan with white wine, 1/2 cup and reduce water by this amount of wine, and add pan drippings to the soup broth mix.
- 16For a nice presentation sprinkle the top with 1 can ( 2.8 oz) french fried onions, add after 40 minute.
- 17Cook until breast juices run clear.
- 18prep time includes browning meat & onions.
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pheasant in Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (971 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1666.3
- Calories from Fat 797
- Total Fat 88.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.5 g
- Cholesterol 583.2 mg
- Sodium 1022.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 185.1 g