Posted in response to a request. This was my grandmother's recipe for pheasant. We had/have a lot of hunters in the family and this was the best recipe for pheasant. I'm guessing on the serving size for 3 pheasants.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 3 pheasants, split
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Saute pheasants in butter 10 minutes.
- Remove from skillet and saute mushrooms in butter remaining in skillet 10 minutes Return pheasant to skillet.
- Add wine, lemon juice, onions, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer 1 hour or until tender.
- NOTE: If oven is used- Bake at 375 degrees for about 2 hours.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I’ve made this recipe with both pheasant and bone in chicken thighs and it’s been awesome every time. I love mushrooms but don’t feel like I cook with them enough so this was perfect! The sauce is very flavorful and I usually serve it with mashed potatoes and a roasted veggie, like asparagus or Brussels sprouts.Reply
This recipe turned out excellent. I followed the directions as written except I simmered the dish for 45 minutes instead of 1 hour. I thickened up the sauce in the end with a little bit of cornstarch mixed with water. We had it with mashed potatoes and roasted brussell sprouts. Everyone loved it. Will be making this again! Cookin Joe2Reply
see 26 more