Recipe by RuthlessWr
This is my husband's favorite cookie. It's an iced spicy German cookie. They also tastes better if you store them a while before you eat them, so they're great for making ahead of time for Christmas.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (optional)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixer bowl, beat eggs until light.
- Add sugar, butter and water and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and spices.
- Stir into the egg and sugar mixture.
- Mix in raisins, if desired. I also sometimes add nuts.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Bake on greased baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Toss cookies, a few at a time, in icing to coat.
- Place on waxed paper until the icing hardens.
- Or if you prefer you can skip the icing and just dust with powdered sugar.
- Store in a covered container up to 1 month.
- Whisk together all ingredients until smooth.