Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We love Grouper. Unfortunately, we live in Arizona and fish like this is hard to come by. The local market had some one day - a bit pricey but we decided to splurge. I used my home made pesto on this. The combination of pesto, lemon and garlic is wonderful! Enjoy!
- 1 lb grouper fillet
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a baking pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic. Once combined stir in bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Pat fish dry, salt and pepper to taste. Spread with Basil Pesto. Top with thinly sliced red onions. Top this with the bread crumb and butter mixture. Lightly pat into place once all of the mixture is on top of the fish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes.
Made this for our dinner cutting the fish to two servings and used homemade basil pesto. DH and I really enjoyed this. I didn't have grouper but used cod and served this with Barley Corn Casserole#138330 and Petit Pois (Cajun Baby Peas)#206818. Will be making this again. Thank you. Made for TOTM Diabetes forum.