katie in the UP's Note:
I found this recipe in the Feb/2007 issue of Better Homes and Gardens! This is a quick and easy meal with great flavors!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted dried plum
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1/4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- cilantro (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet cook chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink; stir to break up pieces.
- 3Drain, if necessary.
- 4Add spices (salt to taste); cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- 5Add undrained tomatoes, potato, plums and olives.
- 6Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- 7Simmer covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 8Uncover; cook 5 minutes more or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- 9Wrap tortillas in foil; bake for 15 minutes or until heated.
- 10To assemble, place 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; top with cheese and sprinkle with additional onion and fresh cilantro.
- 11Fold tortillas in half.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peruvian-Style Chicken Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 23.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento stuffed olives