Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the Feb/2007 issue of Better Homes and Gardens! This is a quick and easy meal with great flavors!
- 1 lb uncooked ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted dried plum
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 1⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas or 12 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- cilantro (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet cook chicken and onion until chicken is no longer pink; stir to break up pieces.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Add spices (salt to taste); cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add undrained tomatoes, potato, plums and olives.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Simmer covered, 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Uncover; cook 5 minutes more or until most of liquid has evaporated.
- Wrap tortillas in foil; bake for 15 minutes or until heated.
- To assemble, place 1/3 cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla; top with cheese and sprinkle with additional onion and fresh cilantro.
- Fold tortillas in half.