Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Can be spread with rich fudge frosting, if desired.
Make and share this Perfect 1950s Moist and Chewy Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl placed over hot water.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Blend in melted chocolate, vanilla and flour.
- Mix nuts into batter, or sprinkle them over the top after batter is poured into the pan.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Bake in slow oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Frost with Fudge Frosting if desired.
- Makes 12 brownies.