- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in a metal bowl placed over hot water.
- Thoroughly cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Blend in melted chocolate, vanilla and flour.
- Mix nuts into batter, or sprinkle them over the top after batter is poured into the pan.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8x2 inch pan.
- Bake in slow oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 minutes.
- Frost with Fudge Frosting if desired.
- Makes 12 brownies.