Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
They served these at my wedding reception back in 1992 and I've been eating them ever since. Super simple but very tasty!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened, divided
- 24 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices bread, with crust trimmed off
- Trim crust from bread.
- Spread softened cream cheese on 6 slices of bread (you may not need all the cream cheese). Top with other six slices of bread and cut each sandwich into four squares.
- Place one pepperoni slice in each sandwich on top of cream cheese.
- Tip: It is easier to place the pepperoni in the sandwiches after you cut them than before and then try to avoid cutting them.
Good little sandwich! Salami would be great as a sub too.
Our group loved these. I used some with pepperoni and some wafer thin salami. On some I put a thin lengthwise slice of sweet pickle. I used white bread, thin cocktail rye slices and some very dark bread bread just for variety. I think next time I might play with some flavored cream cheeses! Thanks for the inspiration.
I'm sorry, but we didn't like these. I used a dense italian bread, but still found that the combination of the bread and the cream cheese made the texture very gummy in my mouth. I would also add the following preparation tips: Try to use a 'square' shaped bread so that when you trim the crusts off you have nice squares to work with; and when you put the pepperoni slice in the sandwich, put a little dollop of cream cheese on top of the pepperoni so that the top piece of bread will stick to the sandwich.