Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is another of our favorites. The recipe is from USA Rice Council.
Make and share this Pepper Steak With Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean beef steak, cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced green onion, including tops
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low-salt
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (or can use white and wild rice)
- Pound steak 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with paprika. Cut in strips. Let stand for 10 minutes. Brown meat in olive oil and add garlic and broth.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add onions, peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch in water and soy sauce. Stir into meat mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes and serve over hot rice.