Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is another of our favorites. The recipe is from USA Rice Council.
- 1 lb lean beef steak, cut in slices
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup diced green onion, including tops
- 2 green peppers, cut in strips
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce, low-salt
- 2 fresh tomatoes, cut in eighths
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (or can use white and wild rice)
- Pound steak 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle with paprika. Cut in strips. Let stand for 10 minutes. Brown meat in olive oil and add garlic and broth.
- Simmer covered for 30 minutes. Add onions, peppers and tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch in water and soy sauce. Stir into meat mixture. Cook for 2 more minutes and serve over hot rice.