Recipe by fitmama
This is my own recipe inspired by a "Fix It and Forget It" recipe. I used a different cheese, some low fat products, and altered the cooking instructions so they made the preperation time much shorter. This recipe is quick, easy, and makes that leftover ham into a scrumpish new dish!
Top Review by Earls Girl
I made this tonight for supper. It was very easy to make and Hubby said it was good. I used cheese I had on hand which was a colby monteray jack blend and skipped the pepper.
I think next time I will spray the crockpot with PAM because after several hours the potatoes started burning to the sides.
- 5 potatoes, sliced
- 1 lb precooked ham, diced
- 1⁄4 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potatoes, ham, cheese, soup, pepper (I used a mixture of ground white, green, red, and black peppercorns), and onion in crockpot.
- I cooked mine on high for 3 1/2- 4 hours.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Recipe is done when the potatoes are completely cooked (soft texture, fork inserts easily).
- I used my leftover sprial ham in this and my family almost finished it off the first night, YUM!
- Normally a recipe this size we would get 1-2 more meals out of.