Scalloped Ham and Potato Casserole
This was originally a scalloped potato recipe that I adapted so much that it became an entity all it's own! We love, love, love this at our house and my DH requests it often. Leftovers (what little there are! LOL) are perfect for breakfast.
- Ready In:
- 3 large potatoes (or 5 small to medium ones)
- 2 cups cooked ham, cubed (about 1 lb)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- In a med bowl, mix milk and soup until smooth. Set aside.
- Peel and slice potatoes into 1/4 inches slices.
- Arrange half the potato slices in a layer in a greased, shallow baking dish.
- Top potatoes with salt, pepper, half the soup mixture, half the ham, and then half the cheese.
- Repeat for second layer.
- Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was terrific! I used about 6 medium potatoes- and I added most of a second can of cream of potato and some extra milk- everything else I kept the same. Mine needed about an hour and fifteen minutes though so that all the potatoes were soft enough- This was so tasty and my kids loved it! Thank you!Reply
This dish was absolutely delicious, my family devoured it! Because the hubby cannot have cheese I had to make two separate dishes. So I added an additional can of soup to the recipe with about a cup of milk, tossed in about Â½ cup each of finely chopped green pepper and onion to the soup mix, doubling every thing else to make two casseroles. This is definitely going to be a keeper for us, and very easy to make. I let the kids peel the potatoes and we had it done in no time. Many thanks for sharing this warm, filling meal. Great for cold nights.Reply