Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make sure you get good smoked salmon.
- 1 lb penne
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 ounces smoked salmon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 lb frozen green pea
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- fresh dill (to garnish)
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Cook, stirring until the pasta is"al dente".
- Drain the pasta and return it to the warm pot.
- Add the peas, smoked salmon, lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, olive oil,scallions, and stock.
- Simmer till heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh dill.
This was incredibly yummy! The BH could not believe that I was using some of our precious smoked salmon to make a pasta dish, but once he had a try he stopped complaining and ate up like a good boy. The only changes I made was to use a vegetable broth instead of chicken, and to stir in a little cream into the sauce. We can't wait to try this one again!
Liked this a lot Miss Rita...very easy and nice for a hot summer day...If you are like JanRoundOz above and want a heavier twist to this dish, you can simply add a touch of cream and about 1/3 of a cup of boursin cheese (or Rondele, any spreadable herbed cheese). It will melt right into the warmed pasta and add a touch of creaminess without being too heavy for the dish. Great recipe Rita..thanks again!!!
Sorry, but this didn't work for us at all. We didn't have a scallion, but otherwise followed exactly. Taste test caused us to reach for the cream, as other reviewers did, but we couldn't seem to salvage it. it was too bitter lemony, and more stock and cream helped, but not enough. Sorry.