Recipe by Lisa in Acworth, GA
Absolutely delicious and pretty quick! Adapted from an epicurious.com recipe. Quick and flavorful pasta that's special enough for company.
Top Review by Normaone
Fantastic! Great flavors! I made this as stated with the addition of a few fresh mushrooms sliced and sauteed with the asparagus. I also added about 2 ounces of cream cheese to the sauce to make it creamy. Absolutely delicious! Thank you so much!
- 3⁄4 cup drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil, about 4 oz,sliced,4 tbsp oil reserved
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed & cut on diagonal into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper (I added more b/c I like it spicy)
- 1 3⁄4 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 16 ounces penne pasta
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add asparagus and saute until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer asparagus to bowl.
- Add sundried tomatoes, shrimp, 1/4 cup basil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red pepper to same skillet and saute until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer shrimp mixture to bowl with asparagus.
- Add broth, wine and tomato paste to same skillet.
- Boil until sauce thickens slightly, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain, return pasta to same pot.
- Add shrimp mixture, sauce, remaining 1/4 cup basil and cheese to pasta.
- Toss over medium heat until warmed through and sauce coats pasta.
- Season with salt& pepper and serve.